Whether you grab your party shoes or your running shoes, the Zoo has two great fundraisers on the horizon. Saturday, June 7 will be the Zoo’s “Night to Shine” as we celebrate the 25th anniversary of Zoobilation. This gala event is the Zoo’s largest single-day fundraiser of the year and it’s such a big deal we close the Zoo all day to prepare! A limited number of tickets are on sale through 5 p.m. Monday, June 2 by calling (585) 336-7217. Tickets will not be sold at the door. This event is for people ages 21 and older only.
What to expect at Zoobilation:
- A Zoo-wide party kicked off by a glass of chilled champagne
- A wine and spirits trail highlighting local vintners and distillers
- Live music by Bobby Henrie and the Goners
- A live auction featuring entertaining auctioneers, the Bermuda Mavericks
- Delicious food catered by The Rabbit Room
- Exceptional libations, including a signature Zoobilation beverage
- Delectable hors d’oeuvres catered by Eagle’s Landing Café
- A silent auction offering a wide range of items, packages and services
- Casual to semi-formally attired patrons aged 21 and older
- A wine pull and raffles with prizes
- A few surprises and so much more!
View event details, including ticket prices, here.
Note: Seneca Park Zoo will be closed Saturday, June 7 in preparation of Zoobilation.The Zoo will re-open for regular hours on Sunday, June 8.
Also celebrating 25 years is the Zoo’s annual Jungle Jog! This family-friendly event will take place Sunday, July 20 and is geared toward runners and walkers of all ages and abilities. For 25 years area runners have enjoyed the only 5K that takes them through the Zoo and past some of the Zoo’s animals. The course is USATF-certified and begins in lower Seneca Park. Just getting started on your running career? Or perhaps you have children who like to run? We have races other than the 5K. Try the Seneca Park Mile for a lovely trot around the Trout Pond, or for the littlest runners, the Kids’ Fun Run. New this year is the Kids’ Fun Zone which will include activities and our popular ZooMobile!
Jungle Jog registration is underway so register online, by phone or by mail. You may also register in person at the Zoo or at Medved Running and Walking Outfitters, 3400 Monroe Avenue, Rochester. Cost for the 5K is $25 per runner and for the Seneca Park Mile, $15 per runner. No registration is needed for the Kids’ Fun Run. Online registration closes at 4 p.m. Wednesday, July 16 and walk-in and phone registration closes at 4 p.m. Thursday, July 17. You may register at Medved through 4 p.m. Saturday, July 19. Please plan accordingly because there will be no registration on race day. Pick up your bib number and Jungle Jog T-shirt (while supplies last) at Medved from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, July 18 or from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, July 19. Race-day bib pick-up will be at the Wegman Lodge in lower Seneca Park.
View event details, including important parking information, here.
Jungle Jog is sponsored by M&T Bank, Woods Oviatt Gilman, LLP and MVP Health Care. In-kind support provided by Medved Running and Walking Outfitters and McDonalds.
– Michele Schepisi-Ritchie, Office and Marketing Assistant