Celebrate Earth Day at Seneca Park Zoo to learn about environmental sustainability and the simple actions you can take to help make a difference for wildlife and wild places.
Visit a variety of stations throughout the Zoo to learn how local organizations are focusing on sustainability:
– Participate in recycling activities with Diamond Packaging, who will also be giving away tree saplings and native western NY seeds for a butterfly garden
– Discover recycled art with the Memorial Art Gallery
– Learn about the Zoo’s award-winning partnership with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Capstone students and The Department of Transportation to restore pollinator habitats along I-390
– View samples of invasive aquatic and terrestrial plant and insect species with Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM)
– Learn how the Genesee RiverWatch – an initiative of the Center for Environmental Initiatives (CEI) – is working to restore water quality
In addition, stop by docent-led stations to learn about the actions your Zoo is taking to create a sustainable earth.
Enjoy animal experiences throughout the day and go on a guided nature hike led by a Zoo Naturalist and PRISM!
10:30 a.m. – Penguin Experience
11:30 a.m. – Otter Experience
1:30 p.m. – Guided nature hike in the lower park with a focus on invasive species and human impact on the environment
2:30 p.m. – Elephant Experience