Celebrate Earth Day 2019 at Seneca Park Zoo to learn about environmental sustainability and the simple actions you can take to help make a difference for wildlife and wild places.
Visit a variety of stations throughout the Zoo to learn how local organizations are focusing on sustainability and meet with docents about the actions your Zoo is taking to create a sustainable earth.
– Get a tree sapling or native western NY seeds for a butterfly garden from Diamond Packaging to take home (limited quantities available)
– Learn about the Zoo’s award-winning partnership with the Rochester Institute of Technology’s Capstone students to restore pollinator habitats along I-390
– Find out how The Good Food Collective is providing individuals and families with access to this area’s best local, sustainable food year-round.
– Meet representatives from GreenSpark Solar to discover how they’re working towards changing the way we think about where our electricity comes from.
– View samples of invasive aquatic and terrestrial plant and insect species with Partnership for Regional Invasive Species Management (PRISM)
Enjoy animal experiences throughout the day:
10:30 a.m. – Otter Experience
11:30 a.m. – Rhino Experience
12:30 p.m. – Guided nature hike in Seneca Park led by a Zoo Naturalist
1:30 p.m. – Polar Bear Experience
2:30 p.m. – Elephant Experience