Every year, dedicated and friendly volunteers help deliver the Zoo’s mission through their personal stories and experiences.
Docents help inspire visitors to explore their connections with nature, care about the animals, and help us to conserve the habitats that support them.
Becoming a docent means you will be armed with information and communication tools to engage with our guests and enhance their visit.
– You must be at least 21 years old
– Attend an informational meeting
– Complete an application and interview (details explained at information meeting)
– Attend mandatory training classes held on Saturdays
– Commit to five hours per month of assistance with the Zoo’s educational activities
The Zoo hosts informational meetings to provide those interested with more details on the docent program.
Docent orientation is scheduled for Saturday, June 29 at 10 a.m.
Please complete the volunteer application below and we will be in touch!
For questions or more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org