On Wednesday, October 30, 2019 the Seneca Park Zoo Society will host the Environmental Innovation Awards & Symposium. Join us for a breakfast awards ceremony, followed by an inspiring Innovation Symposium led by environmental markets entrepreneur Brett Howell. Be inspired and network with hundreds of other environmental-minded leaders and ambassadors in the region, while gaining real and practical perspectives on the business case for sustainability.
The Environmental Innovation Awards celebrate leadership in environmental stewardship, raising the profile of innovative companies and people working to solve complex environmental problems in the Rochester and Finger Lakes Region.
The Rochester and Finger Lakes Region is coming alive with innovation and innovators working to create solutions to current environmental issues. Leaders throughout our region are building a more sustainable future by implementing zero waste practices, leading renewable energy efforts, creating advanced green technology and infrastructure, and driving efforts in conservation education.
Awards will be given in five categories including:
- Civic & Nonprofit
- Small Business
- Large Business
Nominees must have regional efforts in at least one of the nine counties of the Finger Lakes Region (Monroe, Ontario, Wayne, Livingston, Genesee, Orleans, Wyoming, Yates, Seneca) to qualify for an award.
Individuals, organizations and companies can be nominated by a third party or may self-nominate. Nominations are currently being accepted and are due by September 9, 2019.
Schedule of Events
• 7:15 a.m. | Registration & Networking
• 8 a.m. | Welcome & Awards
• 9:30 a.m. | Symposium featuring Brett Howell
• $40 – Breakfast & Awards only (7:15 – 9 a.m.)
• $60 – Breakfast, Awards & Symposium (7:15 – 11 a.m.)
• Tables are available for purchase. Please contact Kim Cenzi, Special Events Manager | email@example.com | 585.295.7388
• Sponsorship opportunities available: Please contact Lee Gray, Manager of Institutional Giving| firstname.lastname@example.org | 585.336.7215
Any excess proceeds from this event will go towards conservation programs and zero waste efforts at Seneca Park Zoo Society.
Brett Howell, Environmental Entrepreneur
We’re pleased to welcome environmental entrepreneur Brett Howell as our 2019 keynote and symposium leader. Brett’s ability to catalyze teams to achieve breakthrough environmental solutions has influenced governments, non-profits, startups, and global corporations, including the Fortune 100 company for which he presently works. As part of his personal mission to end plastic pollution, Brett led the 2019 beach clean-up team at Henderson Island, a UNESCO World Heritage site in the South Pacific considered the world’s most plastic-polluted beach.
Brett will give a brief keynote at the awards ceremony about his work on Henderson Island, and will be the featured speaker at the Innovation Symposium immediately following the breakfast, where he will share his perspectives on and experiences with creating market-driven business solutions that reinforce the business case for sustainability.
Click here to learn more about Brett’s work.
Event Committee Members
- Suzanne Hunt, Committee Chair, HuntGreen LLC
- Jim Armstrong, Good for Business (B Corp)
- Dennis Bacchetta, Diamond Packaging
- Andrew Brady, Conscious Capitalism, ROC City Coalition
- Eric Longnecker, Diamond Packaging
- Kate McArdle, New York State Pollution Prevention Institute
- Mike Nolan, I-Square
- Amy Reichhart, Environmental Attorney, Nixon Peabody
- Meg Walbaum, RIT