It’s Art Expo Time!The Rochester chapter of the American Association of Zoo Keepers (AAZK), located at the Seneca Park Zoo brings you this year’s VIRTUAL Art Expo! In an effort to keep everyone safe, this year’s Art Expo will be held online and art will be available at auction to the highest bidder. For the first time ever, animal artwork will be available to fans outside the Rochester area! In addition to artwork painted by animals in our care, this year will also feature paintings made by Rochester Artist Cal Rubright and an animal-themed quilt handmade by the Rochester Modern Quilting Guild. You’ll also have the opportunity to bid on personal painting sessions with select animals.CALLING ALL QUILT LOVERS:To kick off our yearly AAZK Art Expo fundraiser, we have an amazing opportunity for everyone to win a hand-made, one-of-a-kind, animal-themed quilt created by members of the Rochester Modern Quilt Guild and donated to the Seneca Park Zoo AAZK Chapter.
For detailed photos, check out this photo album
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
Friday, October 2 – 9:00 AM – Entry into the drawing for Animal-themed quilt begins.
Saturday, October 10 – 9:00 AM – Auctions for paintings begin to go live – Staggered start times so that they do not end all at the same time.
Friday, October 16 – 9:00 PM – Drawing for quilt closes.
Saturday, October 17 – 9:00 AM – Quilt winner announced.
Saturday, October 17, 9:00 AM – Auctions begin to close.
– Items can be picked up at the zoo starting Monday, October 19 for free.
– Items can also be shipped out of town but NOT internationally. Winner pays shipping costs.
How to Enter to Win the Quilt:
- Anyone who makes a donation of $5, to our Seneca Park Zoo AAZK Chapter, will receive an entry into our drawing.
- Multiple entries are allowed. For every $5 donated you will receive an additional entry. (Example $15 = 3 entries)
- All donations can be made online through PayPal here
- Entries will be accepted for a period of 2 weeks starting at 9:00 PM on Friday, October 2nd
- Entry close date will be Friday, October 16 at 9:00 PM
How to Bid On Paintings:
- Auctions for paintings will begin to go live Oct. 10 on eBay
- Start times will be staggered so that they do not end all at the same time.
- Click here for the eBay page
- As donations are made, each person will be assigned a number (or numbers) based on the order they are received.
- For donations of over $5 (multiple entries), you will receive consecutive numbers (Example – A donation of $15 will receive 3 consecutive numbers).
- We will then use an online random number generator (random.org) to select the winning number.
- The drawing will be witnessed and video recorded.
- The winner will be drawn on Saturday, October 17th
To ensure fairness, the drawing will take place at the zoo in the presence of witnesses and a video of the drawing will be posted on our Facebook Page.
If you would like to enter for someone else (as a gift) please be sure to include their name and phone number in the note section of the PayPal page and that person will be entered instead of you.
Due to high interest, the drawing will be open to all zoo employees and members of the Seneca Park Zoo AAZK Chapter with the exception of chapter officers administering the drawing and their immediate family.
Participants DO NOT have to be in the Rochester area. For out-of-town winners that can not pick up the quilt, at the zoo, the quilt will be shipped to you at no expense.Questions? Contact Zoo Keeper Kevin Blakely at [email protected]DONATE FOR ENTRY