Seneca Park Zoo Society is teaming up with the Amerks to create awareness for polar bear conservation. For the entire month of February, we’ll be celebrating the importance of Arctic sea ice with special events, promotions, and giveaways.
The Wegmans’ ZooMobile will also be making an appearance at select home games throughout the month.
All month long: Zoo members can take advantage of a special $18 ticket offer for Best Available seating for any Amerks home game throughout the month. Click here to purchase tickets.
Friday, February 23rd: Join us for this special game night that will feature a live, in-game auction to win a custom game jersey worn that night! All proceeds will go to the Seneca Park Zoo Society. Purchase tickets for Defend the Ice Night.
Saturday & Sunday, February 24 – 25: Enjoy special animal enrichment demonstrations with Aurora, enter to win prizes, and on Sunday, take part in a meet and greet with Amerks players. View event details.
1. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle!
2. Use educated consumerism – buy local products, follow the Seafood Watch Guide.
3. Turn off lights when not in use. Replace old light bulbs with energy-efficient bulbs.
4. Use proper trash receptacles for things that can’t be recycled. Don’t litter!
5. Eliminate styrofoam – it doesn’t decompose!
6. Walk, cycle, carpool, or take public transportation.
7. Save water by turning off taps when not in use and take shorter showers.
8. Unplug appliances (toaster, hair dryer, laptop, etc.) when not in use.
9. Turn off vehicles while waiting rather than idling.
10. Turn your thermostat two degrees down in the winter and two degrees up in the summer.
11. Avoid the dryer and hang your clothes to dry.
12. Make an extra donation to Polar Bears International at the Zoo’s Front Gate. PBI donations are collected every other month.
13. Assist in a community recycling event.
14. Avoid single-use plastics such as straws, grocery bags, utensils, water bottles, and to-go drink lids.
15. Plant a tree or garden.