Good to Know
The Zoo is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
The Lost and Found is located in the Zoo’s Front Office.
Keep in mind that you may not see every animal when you visit the Zoo. At times, they may be off exhibit due to habitat maintenance or a health check-up. Their locations within the Zoo are subject to change for various reasons without notice.
All visitors entering Zoo grounds grant permission to Seneca Park Zoo to utilize their images or any recordings for any purpose without payment.
Seneca Park Zoo is a smoke-free facility (this includes the use of e-cigarettes)
The Seneca Park Zoo and the Seneca Park Zoo Society does not offer refunds on admission, camps, classes, memberships, or special event ticket purchases.
ZooShop purchases are refundable when the original receipt is presented within 15 business days of the purchase date.
Seneca Park Zoo strives to create a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our visitors, as well as the animals in our care.
- Respect the Zoo’s Animals
- Refrain from using loud radios or making loud noises.
- Do not bang on windows or harass or tease the animals.
- Do not throw objects into exhibits. If you see an item fall or thrown into an exhibit, contact Zoo staff immediately.
- Balloons are hazardous to animals and are prohibited.
- Do not bring glass containers.
- Do not feed the animals. They are on a carefully structured diet.
- Chasing or harassing native animals is not allowed. Fur, feathers, nests and eggs may not be removed from the Zoo.
Stay on Paved, Public Pathways
- Do not cross barriers, lift children over rails, let them play on rock barriers, rest them on railings or allow them to stick fingers or arms through fences. These barriers are there to protect both you and the animals.
- Climbing is only allowed on children’s play equipment.
- Do not enter non-public areas.
Walk, Don’t Ride
- Bicycles, tricycles, unicycles, Rollerblades, skates, skateboards and motorized vehicles (other than accepted ADA vehicles) are not permitted.
- You may bring your own wheelchair, stroller or wagon. The ZooShop offers both strollers for rent and manual wheelchairs for loan on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Do Not Bring Pets
- Pets present health and safety issues and are not allowed on Zoo grounds or parking lot.
- Do not leave your pet in the car unattended. We will use any means necessary to save your pet if it is in distress.
Service Animals Welcome
- Service animals are welcome at the Zoo. Guests with service animals must notify staff at check-in before entering the Zoo. According to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a service animal must meet the following criteria:
- The animal is a dog or miniature horse
- Must be fully trained or training to perform a certain task, which include: seizure detection, medication reminders, deaf assistance, guide dog, stability assistance, or PTSD.
- Therapy or emotional support animals are not permitted on Zoo grounds per federal and state regulations.
Keep the Zoo Family-friendly
- Children (individuals or groups) are not to be left unsupervised.
- Shirt and shoes are required.
- Clothing with profanity, obscenities or any other material deemed inappropriate for the Zoo’s family setting is prohibited.
- Visitors should refrain from using vulgar language or profanity.
Enjoy Your Lunch or Picnic
- The Zoo offers meal and snack options for adults and children at Eagle’s Landing Café and Crater Canteen.
- You are also welcome to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Glass is not permitted on grounds as it is hazardous to animals.
- We ask that large groups who bring boxed lunches take unused lunches back to their facility.
- Barbeque grills are prohibited.
Keep Our Zoo Beautiful
- Place all trash and recyclables in designated receptacles.
- We separate cardboard from garbage, so please do not use cardboard boxes as trash receptacles.
- Trash bags will be provided to large groups when they check-in with Front Gate staff.
- Do not pick or damage plants, flowers, leaves or other plant materials.
No Alcohol during Zoo Hours
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed. Guests appearing to be under the influence of alcohol will be asked to leave.
- Firearms and other weapons are not permitted. Off-duty police carrying a weapon must notify staff at check-in.
Keep Memories of Your Visit
- We welcome you to take photographs and videos of your Zoo experience for personal use. If you intend them for professional use, please contact the Communications Department at email@example.com.
Do Not Solicit
- Solicitation on Zoo grounds for any purpose is not permitted.
- Always follow the instructions of Zoo staff.
Anyone found not to be following the above etiquette may be asked to leave without refund and may be escorted from the Zoo. (See refund policy.)
If you see someone acting in an inappropriate manner, contact a member of the Zoo staff immediately. Thank you for your cooperation, and we hope you enjoy your Zoo visit!
Donations from the Zoo
For information about receiving a Zoo donation to your fundraiser, click here.