Plan Your Birthday Party
Seneca Park Zoo is the only place in town where you can celebrate your birthday with amazing wildlife from around the world. Share your love of animals with your family and friends while feeling great knowing that you’re helping to save animals from extinction. For each birthday party booked, the Zoo makes a donation to support conservation. You and your guests will enjoy all-day admission to the Zoo, a private indoor space, personal animal experiences, and a take-home souvenir.
Lion Pride Party
Price: $300 for up to 10 children (including birthday child) and 11 adults
Maximum capacity 29 guests; Each additional child $30; Each additional adult $12
Elephant Herd Party
Price: $500 for up to 25 total guests (including birthday child)
Maximum capacity 35 guests; Each additional guest $20.
Frequently Asked Questions
The information below provides additional information and general guidelines related to birthday parties. If policies change, we will update accordingly and notify those who have scheduled parties with us.
No. Only the membership status of the person who books the party will be considered when calculating any discount.
- The base price of your party package is your minimum cost and includes up to a specified number of guests. If fewer guests are attending, there is no discount.
- For Lion Pride parties, if you have fewer than 10 children in attendance but more than 11 adults, an extra adult can be substituted for a child.
- Infants are only counted towards the party attendance if they are the guest of honor or if they would receive a souvenir.
Yes. When reserving your party, let us know the names and ages of each guest of honor. There is a cost to include an additional plush gift.
Yes. We will email you an electronic file of the Seneca Park Zoo Birthday Invitation which you may send to your guests. The invitation also serves as their admission to the Zoo.
- To make sure we meet your request, please inform the Birthday Party Coordinator of your Party Extras at least two weeks in advance.
- Requests for Shelly’s Sweet Shoppe are required at least three weeks in advance.
- There is an option to purchase a cake through the Zoo from Shelly’s Sweet Shoppe (requests required three weeks in advance).
- You may choose to bring a cake, but due to health concerns and allergies, please make sure it is store-bought and that the ingredients are listed.
- The pizza is made by 2 Ton Tony’s. You may order cheese or pepperoni. If we have not received your pizza order two weeks prior to the party, we will order one cheese and one pepperoni pizza.
- Large pizzas have 16 square slices. Sheet pizzas have 32 slices.
- If there are dietary restrictions, please let us know. There is a gluten-free pizza option.
No, unfortunately, we do not have a refrigerator available to store food.
- Yes, although the party room will be decorated by your host.
- Please note that we are not able to provide early access to rooms before the start of the party, and some of our rooms have limited space for decorations.
- Do not bring balloons as they are not allowed on Zoo grounds for the protection of the animals. Piñatas, noise makers, and confetti are prohibited as well.
No, unfortunately, we do not have high chairs.
Due to scheduling and animal health, we cannot guarantee specific animals. You may, however, let us know if you have a preference for animals to be included or excluded from the presentation. Pictures of some possible ambassador animal visitors can be found at the bottom of this page.
There is no reserved parking. If you anticipate needing assistance getting belongings from your vehicle to the party room, please let the party coordinator know ahead of time.
Your party host will meet you and your guests at the front gate 15 minutes before the party start time (at 10:15 a.m. or 1:45 p.m.).
If a guest arrives late, they will need to show their invitation to the Front Gate to obtain directions to the party room.
No. Our rooms are in constant use, so we don’t have room to store items following parties. Your party host can help to bring items to your vehicle, and then you can return to Zoo grounds.
If you need to cancel a scheduled party, notify the Zoo as soon as possible. Deposits and fees paid are non-refundable and non-transferable. We can attempt to reschedule the party but cannot guarantee availability. If the Zoo needs to cancel a birthday party, a member of the Zoo’s birthday party team will contact the customer with the cancellation information and the following options:
- Reschedule to another date
- Receive a refund of deposit paid
- Convert the deposit paid into a tax-deductible contribution
Customers will have ten business days to make a decision and notify the Zoo. If we have not received an answer after ten business days from our initial contact, the deposit paid will be converted to a donation, and the customer will receive a letter confirming the tax-deductible contribution.
By phone at 585.336.7213 or by email at [email protected]
Due to the volume of messages received, we ask that you do not reach out to inquire about availability. The reservation request form allows you to provide up to three date choices, and if those are not available, we can let you know the closest opening. If you are interested in reserving a party, you need to submit the online request form, as we do not collect this information over the phone. Please allow up to 3 business days for a response.